An extensive restoration for this 19th century daybed, but everything came out great.
Some of the tasks involved:
- Shimmed the open shrinkage cracks on the panels.
- Re-glued the head and foot board back together.
- Re-glued loose and replaced missing veneer on the top rails.
- Repaired the front side rail (broken).
- Re-attached the decorative brass mounts.
- Replaced 2 missing bed bolts and set the nuts.
- Installed new bed slats (missing).
- Installed a platform covered with fabric to support a mattress.
- Reconditioned the existing finish.
This day bed was restored for a Hillsdale NY client.