This antique cannonball bed was previously held together with rope. The owner wanted it fixed so it wouldn’t be loose and wobbly all the time.
- Repairing a crack on the headboard.
- Gluing the head and foot board.
- Installing bed bolts and covers.
- Installing a platform covered with fabric for the mattress to rest on.
- Installing angle brackets to support the platform.
- Touch up and polishing.
The owner also asked for rope to be glued in the holes of the rails to preserve its original look.
This bed was restored for a Millerton NY client.